Wednesday 15 May 2013

My 3 Little Muslimahs....


The Messenger of Allah (saw) said
“Whoever has three daughters and is patient towards them, and feeds them, gives them to drink and clothes them from his riches, they will be a shield for him from the Fire on the Day of Resurrection.”


I remember the time when I first became pregnant, how excited I was and how blessed I felt to be given the chance of motherhood.


Both my husband and I really wanted a girl and alhamdulillah here we are today to be blessed with not 1, not 2 but 3 beautiful daughters!


Muslimah no 1 is Rahmah:

6 years old. She is amazing!! I don’t want to be accused of favouritism and I’m putting it down to being a firstborn thing. I felt so special holding her in my arms during those early days. I often wondered if I was dreaming and if it was really happening to me. Then I would feel an overwhelming sense of awe and gratefulness to Allah for blessing us with her.


Now she is growing into more like a best friend and helper to me. She loves Chocolate, Butterflies, Flowers, Cooking (well licking the bowl) and Reading. She loves learning.


Every day she blows me away with something she says or does. And I mean blow me away in the sense that you just wouldn’t expect a 6 year old to do so.


Muslimah no 2 is Nur:

4 years old. Like her name suggests she really does light up any gathering. I remember looking up at her whilst her father held her in his arms, moments after she was born and commenting on the radiance on her face and the sparkle in her eyes. This sparkle has stayed with her till now and I hope that it will remain with her forever. 


A day with her is never boring, tiring yes, but never boring. I love the way she thinks outside the box, the way her eyes light up when she comes up with a solution for things no matter how daft the suggestion may be!!


She has a lovely sense of humour and is very active. She loves changing her clothes, food, and getting messy! She is my dishwasher and my kitchen aid. She gives the best cuddles and I love to snuggle up to her!!


Muslimah no 3 is my Fifi, my Firdous:

Just when I thought being a mother to 2 was something, she came along to take it to the next level, hence the name Firdous!


She’s not even turned 2 yet but already I feel she’s growing up so quickly, learning new words and new tricks. Everytime I turn around these days she’s sitting or standing on the dining table instead of sitting on her chair.


She loves to wear hijaab, she loves to pray and is eager to learn to read. She melts us away with the little words she says, the way she smiles through her teeth and the way she parades through the house. I’m so looking forward to watching her develop and teaching her.


When I went for my last check up after giving birth to Fifi and before being signed off by the midwives, I remember the midwife saying to me ‘So is this your family complete?’ and I just looked at her and thought to myself ‘not quite’.


Only Allah knows whether or not this completes my family. For now Alhamdulillah I have been blessed with an opportunity to raise and nurture 3 beautiful daughters. 


Living in the times we do, it's definitely  not easy raising children to be strong Muslims and Muslimahs.  Each day brings with it new challenges.    Home schooling, preparing materials, teaching, assessing and making it fun and relevant adds to the many challenges that I need to rise up to. The way I see it, my children will form a large part of the legacy I leave behind and they are my 3 paths to Jannah, insha'allah.


I hope insha’allah Allah (swt) gives me the ability to raise them well, in a manner that is pleasing to him and that my rank in the akhirah is raised due to the good actions they do and inspire others to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment